Thursday, June 16, 2005

Free

No papers, no exams, no graded recitations, no reports.

That scenario was what I was wishing for three months ago. I got it a month later but I'm not satisfied. How can I be? No papers, no exams, no graded recitations, no reports. And hell, no job.

I've been breathing freedom since then. I eventually discovered that freedom is just another form of slavery (hail George Orwell!). I am enslaved by boredom and lethargy. My senses are dulled -- dulled by the incessant thought of getting out of dullness. Getting a job may get me out of it.

So I stare at the world. It's too big, but there's no space for me. Maybe I'm not squeezing myself in hard enough.

I'd rather have papers, exams, graded recitations, and reports.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Something to say?