Thursday, June 16, 2005

Terms of Endearment

Honey. Cupcake. Oreo. Kisses. Marshmallow. Gummy Bear. Chocnut. This is not a list of my favorite sweets. These are but a few of the sugary expressions lovestruck people call their loves with. Corny, really. Don't these terms leave the couples wanting to eat each other (no pun intended)?
I have yet to teach my self how not to cringe everytime I hear a friend call her boyfriend "Chocnut." But except for the occasional ear-irritation, this habit hasn't given me problems so I try not to make an issue out of it.
Until I found the one who would (want to) use such terms on me.
*****
J: Ok lang bang tawagin kitang "love?"
C: (Corny nito...) Huh? Bakit pa? Puwede namang "Cess" lang.
J: Para special. I love you Love.
C: Nye, redundant naman yun.
J:...
C: E, anong itatawag ko sa'yo?
J: Kahit ano.
C: (with the I-have-an-idea-hehehe look on my face) Alam ko na! "Ling" na lang!
J: "Ling" for darling?
C: Darling ka diyan! "Earthling" 'yon no! Pinaikli ko lang para cute.

2 comments:

  1. my gosh, my gosh, my gosh!

    LOVELIFE!!!

    hehe, jem and i call each other bubu (go cringe now). sometimes he calls me tabatchoy. sometimes i call him taunggoy or monking.

    =)

    dati he calls me dimsum and i call him sushi, in keeping with the oriental looks.

    didn't work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha!

    hypocrite! after spending several nights laughing at 'baby' (then 'chumchum'), ikaw naman ang ganyan ngayon! ha!

    ReplyDelete

Something to say?