Sunday, July 03, 2005

Green-Eyed Monster

I used to think that jealousy is for narrow-minded and insecure people who are either too ugly or just plain stupid they couldn't keep their beau. I was wrong. This conviction arises from the fact (my fact, at least) that I do not fall under any of the above-mentioned categories yet... ugh, I hate to admit it, I'm jealous.
There's this girl who has been chasing my earthling for two years now. That's what I call "fighting spirit". When he first told me about her, I was in my I'm-so-happy-everything-is-fine mood so my reaction was something like "Talaga? Hahaha! Congrats!" which, I later realized, was stupid to the nth power.
I've never really given it much thought. After all, she was unable to ensnare my earthling after two years of tireless pursuit. She had everything in her favor: timing, proximity, and his vulnerability. (BACKSTORY: She and my earthling are orgmates. She was there when I left the picture two years ago, and she was there when he needed someone to comfort him and whom he could vent his angst to when he wanted to wring my neck.) Why he didn't fall for her, I do not know. Afraid of sounding too bitchy, I give the credit to my earthling's resolve rather than to her lack of charm. Haha.
Then I realized I'm being over-confident. I found out that she has the extraordinary flirting abilities that I don't possess (not that I need them though). 
I was with my earthling one day when this girl texted him. She was inviting him to a party or something but he did not reply. A few minutes later,she texted again, quoth: "Silence means yes, does it? ΓΌ" plus a P5 pasaload to ensure his response! Grrr, how I wanted to snatch his phone and throw it away!
With all the taray I could muster, I blurted out, "I-reply mo na nga, kawawa naman."
After sending his response, he said in the usual conciliatory tone he assumes when I'm having my tantrums, "O di may P4 pa akong pang-text sayo mamaya."

*****
Someone said that to demand love without jealousy is like asking for light that casts no shadow. I agree. A little jealousy is fine if it's there to show your significant other that you care. But if the shadow has gotten so big that it's shutting the light out, that's when you become narrow-minded, insecure, and stupid.
P.S.
I'm on the preliminary stages of writing a book. It's tentatively titled Vanquishing the Vamp: Tips to Overcome the Obstinate Flirt. Suggestions are very much welcome. c",)

4 comments:

  1. suggestion #1: hire an assassin.

    just call me anytime you need goons

    ReplyDelete
  2. suggestion #2: character assassination, hehe, joke lang

    price is negotiable ;p

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm... interesting... hahaha! patay ka pag nagkita tayo!

    ReplyDelete

Something to say?