Wednesday, April 18, 2012

first day high

Yesterday was our first day at OSG. Agnes and I agreed to meet at the MRT Magallanes station at 12 noon since we were expected at 1pm. Unfortunately however, I had a terrible time finding a "corporate outfit" because our office has  a very casual dress code  no dress code and my four pairs of slacks no longer fit. One did, but the zipper gave in after a few minutes, so i ended up wearing my favorite skirt after tweeting this: 


I arrived five minutes late and Agnes did ten minutes early. Parang sobrang late tuloy ako. Oo, kasalanan niya talaga.

Following the instructions from previous OSG interns, we rode a jeepney a few meters from the MRT station to Makati Cinema Square. I swear I didn't see it, good thing Agnes asked the driver where MCS was. Her timing couldn't have been better, lampas na pala kami ng ilang metro and we got off at Fernando Street. The OSG office is located along Amorsolo Street in Legaspi Village. Me being the Makat-idiot that I am, I had no idea where to turn. Sabi ko na lang, "Baka ito na yun, Fernando Amorsolo Street pero yung first name lang ang nagkasya sa sign." Agnes gave me a pigilan-nyo-ko-sasapakin-ko-to look. Sabi kasi nila malapit sa MCS e.

So we learned that the "three-minute walk" from MCS to OSG is not entirely accurate. We walked two blocks. We couldn't remember what the street number was so we continued walking. At one point, Ags said that "Sabi ng secretary ni Sir (SG Jardeleza), 9th floor daw. So humanap tayo ng building na may 9th floor." But she saw the building just when I was about to start counting. I *heart* you, Ags! Where would I be without you? Gumaganon. 

At OSG we were tasked to write a brief essay on our expectations and interests. ASG Karl Miranda briefed us about the internship program and the project we are to work on along with the regular summer interns. ASG Karl is a nice and jolly person. Kamukha niya si Nad at kaboses niya pa si Direk Cesar Cosme. :-) 

Then came the getting-to-know-you portion where he asked each of us to introduce ourselves, and state our undergraduate degree, province, and where we work, if we do. After saying what my job is, he said "Your ex-boss is a very good friend of my aunt, Annabelle Rama." Muntik na akong maniwala. Hahaha.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Something to say?