Monday, September 03, 2012

All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

OLA, OLA, OLA. I’ve dropped almost every subject yet I am still as stressed out as before. I swear I don’t want to rant about it anymore but… Oh, please shut up.
“You know the story of the boy who would not cry though the wolf was gnawing him underneath his frock. Most of us have some wolf to gnaw us somewhere; but we are generally gnawed beneath our clothes, so that the world doesn't see; and it behooves us so to bear it that the world shall not suspect. The man who goes about declaring himself to be miserable will be not only miserable, but contemptible as well.” ~Anthony Trollope, The Small House at Allington
And Bunso is telling me, "I told you so." Because she's the only person who advised against taking OLA 2 this sem. Yes, my sister knows me more than I do. Which is pretty much true for everyone because I'm a stranger even to myself. Pfft.

*******
Conversation with post office guy (hereinafter POG) while I was filing a motion at the Robinson’s Fairview Post Office:
POG: Mahirap na course yan ano?
Me: Haynaku, kuya, sinabi mo pa!
POG: Yung anak ko nga gusto mag-abogado sabi ko huwag.
Me: Buti na lang kuya napigilan nyo.
POG: Yung kapitbahay nga namin e, lawyer yun. 38 years old lang, namatay na. Stroke.
Me: Uy, may 10 years pa pala ako. Hahaha.
POG: Saka yung kaibigan ko, 44 years old, fiscal. Tatlong beses nang na-stroke.
Me: Baka naman po nasa lahi talaga nila. O kaya mahilig siya sa bawal.
POG: Hindi, healthy living nga yun e. Hindi nagsisigarilyo, hindi umiinom, madalas mag-exercise, pero tinamaan pa rin. Stress daw talaga sa trabaho.
Me: Kuya naman e, huwag mo naman akong i-discourage…
*******
“We need 4 hugs a day for survival. We need 8 hugs a day for maintenance. We need 12 hugs a day for growth.” ~ Virginia Satir

Read more.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Something to say?