Sunday, September 16, 2012

Let us die young or let us live forever

Well, not forever. I don't want to be a struldbrug. 

I'm turning a year older in two days. I don't really feel excited. I ceased being excited about my birthday a long time ago, much like losing enthusiasm over what used to be fun occasions like Christmas and New Year. It gets boring when you've gone through something a lot of times, I guess. 27 times. Tuesday's gonna be the 28th. I was born on a Tuesday, 7:20 in the morning (I have no personal knowledge, Your Honor, but my mom told me so. So it's hearsay?). Rambling. 

Anyway. What is the most memorable birthday I've ever had, she asked. Long silence. Memorable. Worth remembering, easily remembered. I don't have 'em. Childhood birthdays were always the same. Ang walang kamatayang pansit/spaghetti. Bow. No parties. Just me and my mom and my siblings. Our celebrations for commencement exercises were more bongga. Laging may cake at balloons and we invited our friends over. Perhaps my parents value educational achievement more. Hmmm. That's a thought.

Remembrance of Things Past
2011. Dinner with Bunso and my highschool bestfriend Melba after a day of foodtripping around UP. Watched a play called Tinarantadong Asintado. There was also a joint birthday dinner with Bernice at Taumbayan, days after my actual birthday, with office friends. We got to meet Bembol Roco, who I just saw in the play days earlier. I was fangirling. Haha.
2010. Bar Ops. A melancholic dinner with Golda and Tin at Tomato Kick Maginhawa.
2009. 77 Bistro, joint birthday celebration with Golda. Got drunk. Again.
2008. Surprise house party at Masikap Ext. Golda and my dearest law school friends Tin, Agnes, Patty, Gian and JD were there. And Mayee cooked for me. *sniff* There was an attempt to videoke I think. Balloons. HAPPY BIRTHDAY on the wall. I wonder where the pictures are.
2007. J sort of broke up with me. Karma is a bitch. GP wrote me a haiku:

Ms. Ramirez why
are you always late for class?
~Justice Villaruz.
And another kuwento.
.
.
.
.
.

2001. First birthday away from home. Mommy gave me a surprise visit in Kalay. Ate and I biked in QC Circle. I used an adult bike with support wheels because I didn't know how to bike (and I still don't). Lame.



*******

Cess' Wish List Annotated

My list is pretty predictable. Books, and then some.


1. Treasures of The Beatles box set

 
A Fab Four fan without a Fab Four book. *tear*
I wanted to buy a Beatle book with my first ever paycheck (circa 2005) but books are ridiculously priced so I settled for a shirt. A hundred++ paychecks later, I still can't afford them. Haha. So please friends, buy me one. This only costs Php1,600 at FullyBooked. :-)

2. Love Letters: 2,000 Years of Romance

“In an age of emails, tweets and texted ‘I luv u’s’, Love Letters invites us into a privileged realm and reminds us why the written word is so special,” writes the editor. I wish people would write real letters more. Or read, and be inspired to write.

3. The Principles of Uncertainty by Maira Kalman

I blogged about this before. I wanted it then, still want it now.


4. new codals (Civil Code, Labor Code, Revised Penal Code, Corporation Code, etc.)
from Anlo's Facebook









Mine have tattered pages and loose binding. It doesn't necessarily mean that I've actually read them and will read the new ones. I just want to look at shiny, perfectly sewn spines. 

5. The Devil's Dictionary by Ambrose Bierce


Witticisms galore. Ex. love (n.) A temporary insanity curable by marriage or by removal of the patient from the influences under which he incurred the disorder. This disease, like caries and many other ailments, is prevalent only among civilized races living under artificial conditions; barbarous nations breathing pure air and eating simple food enjoy immunity from its ravages. It is sometimes fatal, but more frequently to the physician than to the patient.

6. Makeup kit.



The whole she-bang. Although I still don't know how to do make up. Include a tutorial video, maybe? Or a makeup artist.


7. film for my Instax mini


A bit pricey, this one.

8. new hairdo


Talagang Zhang Ziyi ang peg? Ambisyosa? Hehehe. Because I'm tired of pretending to be straight (no pun intended). I do get a rebond every year, you know. I'm not quite sure if it would suit me though. No photo to experiment on.



9. world peace



So I image google "world peace" and Ron Artest comes up every freaking time. What's up with the name change, dude? You think it's cool when beauty pageant contestants say "I want world peace"? Douche.

But seriously. After wishing for all things selfish, I'd really love to wake up and see peace and love and happiness and contentment on everyone's faces. Eh. I sound like a hippie.

Peace, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Something to say?