Monday, September 24, 2012

making a temporary sense of the senseless

I love the number of people
you can love at the same time,
one deep erotic love,
radiating even to strangers...

~ Stephen Dunn


Well, no. I can only love one person. At a time, that is. I can't even get myself to be attracted to another person because it feels like I'm betraying the one I'm with. This just proves my theory that I was a cat in my past life and some traits carried over to this life, e.g. cautious, snob, loves to scratch (haha), sleeps a lot, trusts a few, and tends to be attached to just one human.

I'm writing this because I felt a profound emotional dissonance the other day for falling in love for at least three times:


1. Ms. Witness during the OLA moot court. I wasn't wearing my glasses so I didn't really see what she looks like but she had sexy voice, perfect grammar, wide vocabulary. I could listen to her testify on illegal recruitment forever.
2. The stunner from UP Pep Squad with a shaved head, pearly whites, and dimples as deep as the Marianas Trench
source
 3. X, whose childish antics are so incongruent with her body size. LOL. She's not gonna read this anyway.

But I realized just now that the reason why I am unable to love another during the existence of a relationship (ulk, that sounds like a PFR provision) is that the person I am with is in total control and possession of my heart so I am not at liberty to exert it for someone else. #WhatIsCheesy

Well.


Stay, I said to my loves.
Each answered,

Always.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Something to say?