Thursday, January 31, 2013

And the Liebster goes to…

Me! The Liebster Award is given to up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers. While this Liebster thing is not a “real” award (it’s more like a slumbookish chain letter), I would like to thank Rhea for nominating me and giving me an excuse to blog lengthily about my self. Hehe. Kidding aside, working on this turned out to be fun so it feels like winning an actual award, sans the red carpet and acceptance speech.

The rules:

Share 11 facts about yourself.
Answer the awarder’s 11 questions.
Ask 11 questions of your own.
Nominate 11 bloggers.


Eleven Facts:

I’ve blogged about this before and I’m too lazy to think of new stuff so I just added the last two.

1. I drink a lot. Well, not really. But I always end up the first to get wasted. Because I don’t sing during videoke sessions and I don’t talk much. It all boils down to my apparent incapacity to communicate with human beings, which nicely segues to number 2.

2. I love cats. Because they understand without me having to say anything. Because they are content with neck and tummy rubs that I give whenever I feel like it. Because they’re not attention whores. Because they give me warmth.

3. I love old stuff. Old movies, old books, old buildings, old music. Anything old. Except dirty old men.

4. I love history, mainly because of number three.

5. I hate Math. Which is not as interesting as when someone says I love Math. 

6. I am very secretive. I once got into an accident in high school (tricycle collided with an owner-type jeep, I was thrown out and almost got run over by a bus) and I did not tell my mom. She only learned about it when the tricycle driver’s mom asked her how I was a few days later.

7. I am a middle child. Which means… I don’t know if it means anything.

8. I majored in Journalism but I commit the most horrendous grammar mistakes very often.

9. (Related to number 6) I have major trust issues. “Three can keep a secret if two of them are dead.”

10. I have recurring dreams of dying in a car accident. In taxis, mostly. I’ve dreamed of the same thing for four or five times in the past few months, the last was four days ago. Perhaps it is the Universe’s way of telling me to save up and take the jeep, bi*ch.

11. I was a bully in grade school. Itsura kong ‘to. Hahaha.
First Grade: I had a fight with this boy named L, I forgot over what. I punched his forearm and he walked away cringing in pain. My seatmate, a girl named R pinched me and took my jumbo pencil everyday and I just kept quiet.

Second Grade: I got called to the principal’s office because I injured a boy named B (there was blood!). Why not, he kept on teasing me “pango!” Tapos sabi ng principal, “Bakit ka nagagalit e totoo naman?” Asar.

Third Grade: I got into a fistfight with a boy named N who thought I was bullying his sister when it was the other way around. Ipinagtanggol niya lang daw ang maldita niyang kapatid. Hmp.

Sixth Grade: Somebody took my bag and hid it somewhere. After the search-and-retrieval operations, this boy named L (not the one from first grade) gave it to me. Presumption of bad faith: Since he knew where it was I thought he was the culprit so I hit him in the head.

Conclusion: I bullied boys mostly. Girls made me cry.


Rhea’s Questions:

1. If you were to die today, what would be on your epitaph? (Note: Answer only if you're considering it. Otherwise, proceed to question # 2)
I like Rumi’s epitaph which reads “When we are dead, seek not our tomb in the earth, but find it in the hearts of men.”

2. If right now, you could whisper one word to a dear one's ear (without having to explain it), what would that word be and why?
“Salamat.” It pretty much captures everything -- gratitude, love, appreciation.

3. Would you consider plastic surgery at some point in your life?
Yes, if it’s reconstructive and not merely for vanity.

4. Have you ever self-diagnosed yourself using Google?  
A lot. Latest diagnosis: Seasonal affective disorder (SAD).

5. What one piece of clothing would you rather die than be caught (not) wearing?  
I wouldn’t really choose death over something as petty as clothing. Oh, it’s a figure of speech? Fine. I would rather die than be caught wearing granny panties. Hehe.

6. Rats, roaches, or lizards -- Which one do you hate the most?  
Rats. They remind me of Camus’s The Plague and the torture method in Orwell’s 1984. I’m kinda used to roaches and I was once given a lechong butiki to cure my asthma when I was a kid (didn't work) so they’re not that detestable.

7. Would you date a celebrity/super model? Why or why not?  
I think the question should be, “Would a celebrity date me?” Haha. But yes, it would be a chance to live the lifestyle of the rich and famous. Downside: living like a goldfish for the duration of our date.

8. If you were to become an inanimate object, what would you be?  
A calendar. Para maraming date. LOL. Kidding. I’d be a journal and keep a person’s secrets. 

9. What is your favorite scent (not necessarily perfume)? What does it remind you of?
I love the smell of fresh sheets, it reminds me of long slumbers and afternoon naps. And the smell of burning leaves on a cold morning takes me home.

10. What song best describes your state of mind right now?  
The Con, by Tegan and Sara. “Calm down, I´m calling you to say I´m capsized, erring on the edge of save…”

11. When you hear the word "hurt", what image(s) come to mind?  
Cannons and starving children.


My (Not Exactly) Eleven Questions
1. Have you ever Googled yourself? Were you surprised at what you found?

2. Mind-reading, invisibility, or superhuman strength?

3. Who would play you in the movie version of your life?

4. What is your idea of heaven?

5. If you could commit a crime without incurring any liability whatsoever, what would it be and why?

6. If this is the question, what is the answer?

7. If you could be in a TV program (any genre) which would it be?

8. Did you ever play F.L.A.M.E.S. when you were younger?

9. If you could take one memory to the after-life, what would it be and why?

10. Would you date someone who is 10 years younger/older than you?

11. What’s the last thing you thought of before you slept last night?


Trivia: Liebster is a German word which means “beloved”. I would like to nominate the following beloved bloggers:

just curious. (Personal)
freakygra (Personal)
adventures in lalaland (Personal)
not too shabby (Personal)
My paTWEETums (Personal)





5 comments:

  1. Kung sagutin ko ang mga tanong sa Filipino, ayos lang ba?

    Mayroon kang dalawang question no. 3. Nangangahulugan bang mamimili lamang ako ng isa?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo naman, maaring sagutin sa Filipino ang mga katanungang ito. :)
      Ay, oo nga. Hahaha. Dagdag-bawas lang. Pakisagot na lang pareho para masaya. :)

      Delete
    2. Isa pa pala. Bilang kaunti lang ang mga kilala kong may blog, pwede bang tayain ka uli, pero sasagutin mo na lang ang 11 questions ko?

      Delete
    3. Sure. :) Basta walang Math questions. Hahaha.

      Delete
  2. Hayan, i removed the other question #3 (Which event in world history would you change, if you could?) because it's too uhm, nerdy.

    ReplyDelete

Something to say?