Friday, January 11, 2013

New Year’s Resolutions. And a bunch of questions.

I don’t really do resolutions. Every year I attempt to be better at what I do and every year I just end up frustrated. Parang stages of a felony lang. LOL.

This year, I really intend to reach the consummated stage. No more excuses.

*******

What are your goals this year?
A friend was asked this question during a teambuilding session and asked me the same by way of kuwento. I felt panic creeping in, which almost always happens when I am asked serious questions involving The Future. The reply I managed to send her was “Save the world. From the evils of greedy politicians and corporate shitheads. Or global warming. Basta, the world's a mess, it needs saving. Huhu. That's me being childish.”

Of course, my “goal” does not pass muster under the SMART criteria.

Which means I should probably write about them some other time. Haha. 

What do you really want?
I don’t know what I want. I always end up wanting the wrong things. Once I wanted freedom and when I got it the first thing I did was write my mom a long letter complaining about dorm food and laundry.

Any dream travel destinations?
Batanes and El Nido. Egypt, Peru, Italy, China, France.

How’s it going / How are you feeling, Cess?
Facebook’s “personalized” status box questions are seriously creepy.

What do you like your life to be about?
Ah, this one is tough. Hours after the conversation with the aforementioned friend (who has a propensity to ask difficult questions, I daresay) I still do not know how to answer this question. Then an office friend mentioned The Life of Pi and how it’s probably profound-artsy like Big Fish, and suddenly I knew how the question should be answered.

I want my life to be a big FISH. Fun. Intense. Smart. Honest. I wanted to have an “L” somewhere, for Love, but I didn’t want to think of another acronym. Hehe. And I figured it doesn’t have to be separate anyway because love is an integral part of everything. It simply is impossible to have fun, be intense, smart, and honest if you don’t love what you are doing or who you are doing it for. #palusot


*******

This year's theme song:





I'm starting with the man in the mirror
I'm asking him to change his ways
And no message could have been any clearer
If you wanna make the world a better place
Take a look at yourself and then make a change… 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Something to say?