Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Law School ("Payphone" by Maroon 5 Parody)

 by Chocolate Ghost House





Hahaha. Ang benta! Also, this Tyler guy is so adorbs. :-)

Transcript of lyrics below:



I’m at a law school trying to crawl through
All of the work that we have to do
Where has the time gone
This chapter’s so long
Feels like I’m up every night until 2.

Yeah, I
I know it’s hard to remember
How college life used to be
Sometimes I feel like a hermit
Living in the library
My bestfriend works at the Starbucks
But I don’t know her name
I just know how I feel when she hooks me up with caffeine

I’m spending my nights up making highlights
Now read me my rights
I’m under arrest
Held captive by tests and drowning in debt
I’m dying inside.

I’m at a law school
Trying to keep cool
All of my job prospects looking blue
Just doing my readings,
motions and pleadings
And case briefing International Shoe
If you can go on WestLaw or Lexis
Find the holding of Lawrence v. Texas
This law school sodomy will not desist
Cause we already gave them our consent.
Oh oh

You took some time on the weekend
to get away and relax
But all your friends go to law school
And complain ‘bout the class
You can’t expect me to stay sane
With all this work heaped on me
I know I said it before
But please hook me up with caffeine

I’m spending my nights up making highlights
Now read me my rights
I’m under arrest
Held captive by tests and drowning in debt
I’m dying inside.

I’m at a law school
This feeling is awful
Not knowing when they’re calling on you
It gets so dramatic
They teach Socratic
And make everyone look like fools

If I can't prove that malice did exist
I think my professor will be pissed
If this case has a point I’m missing it
One more overruled opinion I’ll dissent
I’m at a law school

Man check this suit
I’ll be in the front of class gunnin’
While you’re in the back wonderin’ why
It’s not you editin’ Law Review
Let me throw you a clue
Work hard like Ducks in D2
Always apply for every on campus interview
Tellin’ me I’m a nerd or whatever you’re sayin’
Read the Federal Supplement
While everyone is out playin’
Ain’t no need to object
You can tell I’m sustainin’
All rise cause the ball’s in my court now
Had a chance to advance
But you spent your time whining
So you talk about who you see at the top
Or what you could’ve done
But sad to say it’s over for
Gavel swung down, can’t do anymore
Employers like go away
Cause it’s me they’re looking for
I’m in the corner office
You can leave your resume at my door

I’m at a law school
Hope this won’t fall through
Don’t have a degree I can go back to
This is no Law and Order
It’s closer to Mordor
Because there’s always eyes watching you
If the Eighth Amendment* does exist
How are they allowing all of this?
It’s not so bad when you think about it
If I had to go to med school I’d be sick
Now I’m at a law school


* Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Something to say?