And so I am reviving the “Things To Do Before I Die” list I had back in college, renamed it "30 Before 30", and revised it to make it more attainable (ish) since I only have sixteen months to accomplish everything. Talk about pressure. :-)
30 Before 30
3. Master a sport. I tried to learn muay thai, I’m learning karate, but this item will not be crossed out unless I really learn them by heart.
4. Learn to dance. Because I’m the most stiff and clumsy person on earth.
5. Learn to swim, damn it! May halong galit talaga. I tried. Seriously. Maybe I should give it another chance and try not to panic when I no longer feel the floor.
9. Learn to fly. Not Icarus-like but to pilot a plane.
10. Drive across the country. But first I have to do #2.
11. Learn photography
12. Bungee jump
13. Get something published
16. Learn a song on the guitar
17. Try wall climbing
18. Play golf
19. Go zip lining
20. Witness a meteor shower
|Now this should be easy.|
22. Help a stranger in need whenever possible. This is a continuing mission and doesn't have to stop at 30.
23. Fire a gun
24. Dye my hair
25. Use my passport. Anong petsa na?!
26. Cook something for someone
27. Travel solo
28. Appear in a John Lloyd Cruz movie. Kahit passerby lang haha. ATTN: Star Cinema
29. Graduate and pass the bar exams
30. Do something crazy for fun
Why 30? I don't really know. Uso yata e. There are lots of lists like this on the web. Some friends are also working on similar projects. Maybe because people generally have more time and energy before that age, and after that, we are expected to be settled, stable and contented with our lives. But unlike a news story, life does not end at 30. So let's do more, live more.